New South Wales
Assoc Prof John D. Yeo, AO MB MS DPRM FRACS FACRM FAFRM
- Honorary Medical Officer, Spinal Injuries Unit, Royal North Shore Hospital, NSW.
- Consultant in Rehabilitation at Dalcross Private Hospital, Killara, NSW.
- Retired Director, The Spinal Research Foundation.
Dr Sue Rutkowski, MB, BS, FAFRM (RACP), MHA
- Director Spinal Cord Injury Outpatient Services and Research, Royal North Shore Hospital
- Honorary Medical Officer, Moorong Spinal Unit, Royal Rehabilitation Centre, Sydney
- Life Governor, Sydney Hospital
- Clinical Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney
Dr Stella Engel, MBBS DPRM FAFRM
- Former Director, Rehabilitation and Spinal Medicine, The Prince of Wales Hospital
Dr Sachin Shetty MBBS, MD(PMR), FAFRM(RACP), FFPM(ANZCA)
- Director, Spinal Injuries Unit, Prince of Wales hospital
- Conjoint Senior Lecturer, UNSW Medical School
- Specialist, Spinal Medicine, Rehabilitation & Pain Management, Prince of Wales Public & Private hospitals, Sydney
Prof Perry Bartlett, FAA
- Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science.
- Foundation Chair of Molecular Neuroscience, University of Queensland.
- Director, Queensland Brain Institute.
- President, Australian Neuroscience Society.
- QBI researchers are claiming a breakthrough in spinal regeneration research with the discovery of a molecule that blocks regrowth of damaged nerve processes.
Assoc Prof Ida Llewellyn-Smith, AB PhD
- Research on the role of nerve pathways in autonomic functions – those functions over which we have little, if any, conscious control. Prospects for improving bowel, bladder and sexual dysfunction among people with spinal cord injuries.
Professor Mary Galea, PhD
- Professor of Clinical Physiotherapy
- Director, Rehabilitation Sciences Research Centre – The University of Melbourne and Austin & Repatriation Medical Centre.
Dr B. Kakulas, AO MD(Hons) FRACP FROpath FRCPA
- Professor of Neuropathology, Royal Perth Hospital.
Assoc Prof Alan Harvey, MA PhD
- Royal Perth Hospital. Dept Anatomy & Human Biology.
Mr J. Ker, MB Bch(Hons) FRCS FACRM FAFRM
- Director, Sir George Bedbrook Spinal Unit.
Prof Mellitta Schachner-Camartin
- Professor of Neurobiology, Center for Molecular Neurobiology, University of Hamburg
- Professor II at the Departement of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Rutgers University, Piscataway
Prof James W. Fawcett, FRCP PhD MRCP BA
- Cambridge University Centre for Brain Repair.
Prof Dennis D.M. O’Leary
- Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, Salk Instutute, California.